Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Growth Chart Bandwagon

You guys have had to of seen the wooden growth charts, right? They have been done a thousand different ways by a million different people. Just search "wood growth chart" and you will see 2,470,000 results (I kid you not, that is the actual google count as of this moment). So I am not going to bore anyone with an in depth how to. Besides... it's basically a glorified ruler. Some people act like it's rocket science! I did find that it was hard to find an easy "how-to". So in as a few words as possible... I give you growth chart... Whitney Style. :)



Board... cut, sand, clean, paint or stain. I went with a white wash. 2 coats plus one more every 6 inches. Love the detail. (middle board is the before)


Stencil... outline. Bam.

Here is where other people got all technical... no need. Grab a yard stick and make a mark every inch.

Grab a square and make those marks bigger. I did 1" long and every 6" and 12" got a 1.5" line.

Paint! Really... simple people! Gotta give props to my paint pen though! 2 coats.

Sand to smooth things out and lightly distress.

Have your shy little boy pose for an adorable photo...

Enjoy!

And here they are all wrapped up and ready to give. The tag reads:

Family, like branches on a tree, we all grown in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.
May this gift help to remind you of this while you watch your children grow.



3 comments:

  1. Love it but i have a question, how do you hang it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a sawtooth hanger on the back. But recently after we moved I decided to attach right to a stud with screws. I used black drywall screws right through the numbers and no one can even tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. I don't trust the saw tooth hanger with my 18 month old. I haven't tried to hang it yet but could just see it being swung right off the wall.

    But didn't want to be drilling all over the board. Through the numbers is genious.
    THanks again!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover